Tuesday 26 January: Sydney celebrates Australia Day better than anywhere else. Walsh Bay is perfectly positioned to make the most of it. With activities on the Harbour, in the CBD, at Barangaroo and Darling Harbour, Walsh Bay residents have easy access to it all, without the crowds of people.
Here is your Walsh Bay customised Australia Day Program for 2016. Click on the event names below for more details on each event.
7.30 am - WugulOra Morning Ceremony - Barangaroo Headland Park - WugulOra, a special moment to commence Australia Day in Sydney, is a ceremony celebrating Australia’s traditional custodians. Includes the raising of the Aboriginal Flag on the Harbour Bridge and the National Anthem sung in English and Aboriginal, by Jessica Mauboy. 11am - 11.40am - Ferrython
: - 9 Sydney Ferries will be all dressed up to race from the Harbour Bridge, around Shark Island and Back to the Harbour Bridge. Midday - Salute to Australia:
- A 21 Gun Salute from North Sydney. 12.05pm
- Tug and Yacht Ballet
- A fleet of Yachts and 2 powerful Tugs dance to classical music in an awesome display of boat handling. 12.15pm
- Cruising Concert
- 2 barges will be cruising the harbour with live performances. Enormous Horns
- Dawes Point @12.15; OPT @ 12.30; Barangaroo 2.10 - 2.40pm Junkyard Beats
- Barangaroo @ 12.35; Dawes Point @ 12.50; OPT @ 1.10; Athol Bay 2.15-2.45pm. 12.45pm
- Australia Day Parade
- Private Vessels join some of Sydney's most iconic vessel to dress up and parade around the Harbour. To join the flotilla register here 1pm
- Tall Ships Race
- Always spectacular to watch, historic tall ships race on Sydney Harbour amongst a huge spectator fleet.
GIO OZ DAY 10K Wheelchair Race - From 9am, the world's finest wheelchair athletes compete at speeds of upto 60km/h. Hickson Road will be CLOSED to cater for the event from 7am - midday.
- From 9.15am
, a full program of events up to the Fireworks at 9.15pm. Rocks
- Markets from 11am
and Music from 12.30-6.30pm
at First Fleet Park, Atherden St and George St. Festival Village
- from Midday - Midnight
enjoy Music and Circus Performances in Hyde Park. KIIS FM Swing
- 10.30am - 3pm
- at Hickson Road Reserve (next to Park Hyatt Hotel) Vintage Bus Service
- For a gold coin donation, catch an old fashioned double decker from Opera House to Central (stops in between).